A Great Tee is Different
Learn about trends, fit, & style
Foundational necessities for every wardrobe
Our blog will help you learn how to maximize your style while minimizing your wardrobe with Essential Shirts. Check back for weekly blog posts and fashion updates.
Fashion Tips For Busy Women09, Dec, 15
Life gets busy as we all know. We all feel this on a regular basis; dishes pile up in the sink, kids follow you around the house whining the words, “Mom, I’m bored,” nightmare strikes at work and you end up there until after sunset, all these things can make for a busy and tired woman. It is in these exhausted moments that we don’t want to worry about getting dressed, doing our hair, and actually looking good all day.
There is a solution to these drained and fashion careless moments; the following are a few quick and easy fashion tips that will help you get back on your feet looking great, feeling great, and ready to take on the world….again.
- Allow For Comfort & Simplicity - When it’s hot out wearing a simple tank top and slacks feels great, so do it! This outfit is an easy one to stay comfortable in AND dress up in a pinch. Simply add a long necklace and some bangles and you’ve got a classy look. When it’s cold outside use a similar style, but instead of a tank top put on a tighter layering shirt and add a long sweater. Once again, you are comfortable and can dress it up quickly with just a long necklace and some bangles.
- Have The Essentials Handy - The essentials every woman should have in her closet are as follows: jeans that fit great, layering shirts and tank tops, comfortable good-looking shoes, a pair of slacks, and some great jewelry pieces. With these essentials you will be able to put together an outfit in the heat of the moment any day.
- Choose The Right Shoes - When it comes to comfortable good-looking shoes, remember the following:
- Rubber flip flops don’t look good on anyone. Granted, they are comfortable, but really they are made for the beach. Skip the flip flops and find some nice looking sandals instead. Grungy tennis shoes, again while comfortable, don’t look great either. Find yourself some canvas shoes instead; they are popular and can be found in a number of colors these days.
- Add One Bold Accessory - Simple items like a scarf can change an entire outfit and give it some much needed oomph.
- Add a Pop of Color - On busy days it can be very easy to simply wear a colored t-shirt and jeans. Ready to make this simple outfit even better? Add a pop of color with a bright citrus-colored purse or ballet flats.
- Use a Quick-Dry Top Coat - Having a nice manicure is high on the fashion priority list these days. But making time to paint your nails is hard enough, let alone giving up the time it takes to fully dry before you can move on to the next task on your list. Get a quick-dry top coat and your life will change! With a true-to-name quick dry, you’ll be able to move on to the next task within a minute of having painted your nails.
- Rough Days - We all have those mornings where we didn't get enough sleep and our eyes show it, or our hair is a frizzy mess. It is on these days that hats, headbands, and sunglasses are a good quick addition to your outfit.
- Create A Personal Stylebook - Anytime you put together an outfit you really like, take a quick picture of it with your phone to save for later; this way you can easily repeat the outfit again without spending unnecessary time trying to remember what clothing items you used.
- Pack Smart - Packing your favorite outfits? Roll all the pieces of an outfit together so they are easily findable when you go to pull out the outfit from your suitcase. This also helps keep the wrinkles away.
So if you are busy working a 40 hour work week, chasing young kids around the house, or making dinner for visiting grandchildren, remember fashion doesn’t have to be difficult; use these quick and easy tips to keep you looking great all day long.
What Does Your Smile Say About You?03, Dec, 15
A smile can often make a significant difference in someone’s day. How often does it happen that you are having a rough day and then one of your kids runs by fighting imaginary bad guys with a huge grin on his face and you can’t help but smile back? Doesn’t that immediately brighten your own day? This power of a simple facial expression can convey so many feelings for yourself and those around you. A smile tells others more about you than just simple words, and it can help you feel more confident and happy.
What Do Different Types of Smiles Say to Others?
Body language makes up much of what we actually have to say and smiling is at the forefront of communicating true meaning. A tight-lipped smile may be one of the most common types of smiling because it is one of the easiest to actually execute. But it’s also one of the easiest to fake. This is a smile that we give to just be polite to another person. It can express reservations about a setting, a person or it may just mask your true emotions. It may also just be that you feel self-conscious about your own smile. Whatever the case may be, smiling with only your lips indicates to others you are hiding something.
On the other side of the coin, a full smile with your teeth exposed will show others that you are comfortable around them. It is more inviting and shows that you are genuinely happy with the situation. A large smile says that you are accepting and you will appear honest and trustworthy. It also tells others that you are comfortable with yourself. Studies have also shown that people who smile more often are of high social influence and power.
Smile with Your Eyes
Some people worry about “crow’s feet” or “laugh lines” showing up in their face around the corners of their eyes. But true, genuine smiles make the muscles around your eyes bunch up at the corners. You can’t force those muscles to look happy because it is merely a natural reaction. Your eyes are the gateway to the soul and those corner muscles around your eyes are the gateway to your true emotions. The happier you are, the more genuine smiles you’ll give and people around you will appreciate those laugh lines and see you as a genuine, positive and loving individual.
In the Out16, Nov, 15
(Submitted by Heidi, a loyal Heirloom customer)
Clutching the steering wheel along 1-15, I wondered; yet again, why I was out in this snow turning ice storm. The cars off the sides of the road were a harsh reminder of the conditions I had willingly chosen to risk my life . . . all for the sake of a dozen crispy crème doughnuts.
I had to have them! So drive I did, through wind and snow and ice! As the University Parkway exit appeared, I was happily relieved to learn my journey was almost over. I inched up the road to where the Crispy Crème store was perched as a beacon on the hill. Never was I so glad to turn into a parking lot. Never was I so grateful to have arrived at a destination safely. And never was I so confused when I pulled up to the drive in window and wondered why they put the drive through window on the passenger’s side of the car!?
The puzzled look on the Crispy Crème employee’s face verified the fact, that I was not the only person confused . . . “Aaaah maam,” he stammered, but before he could complete his sentence, I realized what happened! I had driven up to the drive thru window . . . from the exit! I had driven in the out! ARGH! I was mortified, embarrassed and in a total stupor of thought as what to do next!
“If I hurry to get your order, then it’s possible that another car won’t arrive and hit you head on.” He said. What a calming thought, I reflected, trying to figure out how I could explain this predicament to my hubby . . . so I carefully inched my way backwards down the drive thru, flipped a U-ie in the parking lot . . . and headed home . . . but not before I grabbed my dozen doughnuts. This time the drive thru window magically appeared on the driver’s side of the car. My father always said, “Things are easier if you do them right the first time.” But then, you don’t have a story to tell.